To determine whether to replace parking lot paving or simply repair it requires informed decision-making from a professional asphalt contractor. You may think the kind of damage that could make or break your paving will visible to the naked eye. But not always.
As a rule, where the foundation of the asphalt paving isn’t damaged, repair work can save you money and extend the life of your parking lot or paved area. But let’s put this issue under the microscope, shall we?
To Replace Parking Lot Paving, Or Not
If the base of your asphalt driveway is significantly damaged, it might just be time to install new asphalt. Resurfacing will cost you less in the short term, but the damage to your foundation will reach a point where the cost of repairs outweighs how much it will take to replace it.
Paving repairs are an option if:
- You need between 25 and 30% less repair of your asphalt paving.
- Your foundation is still sound, structurally speaking.
- Your asphalt is fewer than 20 years old.
- The cracks in question are less than 1/4 inches wide.
- The cracks are shallower than a few inches deep.
If the packaging has the following warning symbol, it may need to be replaced:
- More than 30% of your paved surface is damaged.
- The foundation has been made unstable due to structural damage.
- The paved surface is over 20 years old.
- The cracks width are more than a quarter inch wide.
Know When To Repair or Replace Parking Lot Paving
Not sure whether you need to repair or replace parking lot paving in your business parking lot? Get in touch with us at (386) 852-3396 to find out about Rockwell Construction services and our high-end paving work, and get the end result you need with a product designed to last for many years.
Also Check Out These Blogs: